Hello everyone, I hope you are all having a good and productive day 🦄
This post will be a bit long so grab a yummy snack and a cup of coffee ☕ or a drink of your choice and get comfy 😀
Lately, I’ve stopped doing all the things that I love and want to do. I am just a couple of weeks from my birthday and I am sure that most of us are going through some sort of reflection as we get closer to our birthday.
So… I’ve decided to take a few steps back in order to take one step forward.
I don’t mind taking a few steps back because I’ve already been in a full stop phase. I want to get back to what truly makes me happy and what will really help me in the future and if it means that I need to stop doing a few things (for now) or learn to do things differently, then that’s what I need to do.
As you all know, I’ve mostly stopped doing things due to too much stress and anxiety in my life and I’m slowly working on destressing myself and trying to do the little things that calm me down and make me happy, even if I have a very stressful day.
- After I will finish the book reviews I’ve already signed up for, I will do only 2 book reviews in a month or even just once a month.
- I will go back to post more about writing and more about my life and the things I love, I’ve been missing that a lot.
- The Morning Pages ❤ I’ve started writing the morning pages and I love the way I feel after I write those 3 pages. I feel less mind-cluttered and my anxiety levels are not so high up. I want to keep doing this for at least the entire month of June and see how I benefit from this.
- Journaling. I want to renew my love for journaling and keep doing it without fear of grammar or how it would look to others, this is the private little heaven of my own thoughts and I need to remind myself that it doesn’t matter if it has grammar errors or if it’s too messy and just write down my thoughts, my desires and anxieties.
- I am doing a lot (a lot) of check-ups with my doctor, vaccinations, blood tests and other tests in order to try to bring me to some sort of normality and balance with my meds.
- Do more fun things with my husband and family. We used to play a lot of board games and just have fun together. Lately, it’s been mostly watching TV (and even though it’s fun) but I want something more, that will connect us and bring us even closer to each other.
- Going back to school and learn BA. I may be old but I truly would love to have my BA by the age of 50. Due to budget issues and the fact that my husband is in school himself, I know that this can’t happen this year or even the next year, but I am putting this wish out there, and I know that somehow things will come around.
- I’ve started to be very mindful of what I put in my body and I want to keep doing that and maybe I will even lose weight again (she said with great hope).
- I want to surround myself with people and social media that truly mean something to me and not just blah, even though a silly thing here and there is good for us but in most times I want to see and hear things that will have some sort of meaning to me 😉
- I want to do 1 day in a week where I just pamper myself with skin care, reading and just a day (or at least a few hours) of self-care.
Omg, this one hurts a lot, as I just stopped writing, editing and even thinking of writing 😦
- I’ve started with a couple of my online friends to do a 1 on 1 writing sprints through hangout and twitter DMs and this brought back the joy of writing and the passion I once felt for writing.
- I’ve put my editing aside and started new (for just a bit) just so I could gather the motivation back and the happiness of working again. For now, I just want to write – anything.
- I want to write freely again and as much as I can, to enjoy every word and without the massive anxiety and stress I’ve put on my writing.
- If you want to do 1 on 1 writing sprints, write in the comments below or DM me on twitter and we will schedule a sprint session. I would love to have more writing buddies ❤. I am telling you, doing these sprints reminded me of the fun I have each year in November and the loving community.
- After a month or two of bringing back the passion of writing back in my life, I will go back to my editing and I set a deadline to finish my editing in March 2019.
As I said before, I want to read more book that makes me happy reading them and that inspire me. I even want to read more books of self-help, about life and writing/editing.
The Artist Way, You Are A Badass, The Subtle Art of Not Giving A F*ck, The Life-Changing Magic Of Tidying Up, Big Magic, Bird By Bird, The Writing Life, Story Genius, and read more book that I love and that will inspire me in some way 😀
Well, that is all for this “little” random thoughts and my main goal this year and the next is to destress as much as I can and bring back the joy in my life, even if it means that I need to take a few steps back in order to take one step forward.
Sorry for the long post.
As always, thank you so much for reading ❤